Browser’s addon extensions are good when they work for you correctly, But many virus and adware’s e.g. WebCompanion or SlimCleaner misuse this browser feature. When you visit untrusted sites, they trick you to install some suspicious extensions on your browser’s. It’s sometimes hard to uninstall them and these extensions starts showing you suspicious popups and redirects. Here i am going to show you a complete guide about how to uninstall or Disable and remove extensions from chrome permanently.
How to disable and remove extensions from chrome permanently
Table of Article Contents
Below I’m going you to provide step by step instruction’s about how you can completely remove extensions from chrome. So Just read carefully.
How to disable and remove chrome extension.
- Open your chrome browser and paste below URL into your chrome address bar and hit enter to open browser extension page.
In Alternative Way, you can Also open Chrome Extension page by clicking on the menu icon button “≡” at the top right of your Chrome browser window. Then Click More Tools > and then Click Extensions Button.
- Now If you Want to Disable Chrome Extension you Can Uncheck the Enable check box in front of Extensions or If you Want to Delete Extension, you can click on Trash Icon In front of Extension and click Remove.
Now you are done, and you have disabled or removed your chrome extension from your chrome browser. But the question is, What will you do if you don’t see your extension in the chrome extensions page which you want to uninstall ? . If you don’t see extension in that page you can follow the next step to Delete extension from the Extensions root folder.
How to delete Chrome extension from Extensions root folder.
To Delete Chrome Extension or Extension virus from your chrome browser follow below steps
- Enter Windows+R key at the same time and Type %appdata% . Now you will be landed to the Appdata/Roaming folder.
- Now Click on AppData in your Location address Bar and Click Local > Google > Chrome >User Data > Default > Extension
- Now you will see the extensions folders and their sub-folders containing their version numbers similar to below image.
- Now if you want to delete all your chrome extensions you can delete all these folders, It’s hard to identify the name of these extensions because their name will be in the intercepted form in these folders. But if you still want to delete only specific Extensions, you can open these folder’s and sub-folders and look at the versions and names of extensions inside these files. It will take some time but you will identify that which extension these folders belong to and Delete that folder.
- After Deleting Extension you can Reboot Your Computer and you are Done.
That’s It. Thanks for reading my article about How to disable and remove extensions from chrome permanently, If you have any questions or suggestions, you can feel free to let me know in the comment section below.