How to uninstall Avast Antivirus or Remove free Avg from Windows 7, 8 or 10
Table of Article Contents
Below I’m going to tell you 3 methods to uninstall Avast antivirus from your computer.
1 Uninstall avg from Program and Features [Simple Method]
This is the most simple method to uninstall the Avast antivirus, and it will work for most of the peoples. Just follow below steps :-
- If avast is running in background then disable it by clicking on up arrow on bottom left corner, then Right click on Avast logo > avast sheilds control > and then click on Disable until computer is restarted.
- Once you have disabled Avast, Click on Windows Button on your keyboard and type Program and features in the search box, and Then click on Program and Features.
- Now Navigate to the avast antivirus or avast free antivirus, highlight it and click uninstall
Once you click on uninstall button, follow the instructions given on Avast removal wizard and restart your computer. If you have done all these steps, and still not able to remove avast from your computer, then next method may have some luck for you.
2 Remove avast antivirus using avast removal tool [ avastclear ]
If you have tried simple method to remove avast antivirus from your computer. But still it’s not getting uninstalled, you can try avastclear. Avastclear ( also known as avast removal tool ) is a official tool provided by avast to uninstall avast antivirus. Below are some steps to uninstall avast with avast removal tool.
- First of all start your Windows into safe mode and then disable avast antivirus on computer with steps given in the first method above.
- Now Download avastclear.exe into your computer from here.
- Now open the Avastclear utility.
- If you have avast installed manually on the different folder, Choose the location of your avast antivirus. Else you can leave it to default.
- Click on Uninstall button, and restart your computer once it is done.
This avast uninstall utility will work for you in the 99% cases, But if you are still not able to uninstall it, you may go to the 3rd method given below.
3 Uninstall avast antivirus using command prompt
If you want to uninstall avast antivirus using command prompt, you can use below steps.
This step is only for computer professionals, Please don’t try it if you don’t know anything about command prompt.
- First of all reboot your computer into safe mode.
- Click on Windows Button and Search for Command Prompt.
- Right Click on Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator.
- Now type this command “C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe” -uninstall
- Follow the instructions which will come into your screen.
- Restart your computer into normal.
That’s all i know, If you know more methods, to uninstall Avast antivirus or have any questions, You can feel free to comment below. you can also read my another article about how to uninstall Webroot Endpoint protection antivirus.